Morning Routine

Today I thought that I would share what my perfect morning routine would be. Now this doesn't always go to plan, because well sometimes life happens, but I try to do this as much as I can. I love reading and watching videos about other peoples routines, so I thought what a brilliant way to start my blog officially would be to share mine. So lets get started!

8.30am
Either way perfect or not my day typically starts at around this time. Whether that's me waking up by my alarm or getting woken up by our 19 week old puppy Enzo (he's a German Shepherd/Greyhound cross for anybody who's wondering.) The first thing I do is stretch, make my bed & have a big glass of water. I've recently started to incorporate lemon into my water, there are many benefits to doing this, such as the fact that it's detoxifying. So if there are lemons available that is always a plus!

8.45am
After all of that I will walk into my kitchen, make myself either a cup of tea or coffee depending on how I'm feeling that morning. If I'm feeling groggy and tired then it's definitely coffee, however I am more of a tea drinker, (if there's green tea then that's always my choice.) After this I will spend around 15-20 minutes just writing down my thoughts, feelings and basically anything that comes to my head. This is so that I can have a productive day without my mind going wild!! However this is usually when I get distracted by our cat Lexi as she always seems to want cuddles off me during this time & she's too adorable to resist! Whilst doing all of this my boyfriend Jordan, will most likely be sitting with his coffee playing with Enzo & watching some sort of news about football.

9.00am
This tends to be the craziest part of the morning & it's when Enzo & Lexi get fed. Enzo's still learning that he needs to be patient & he can't eat Lexi's food even though he wants to. He just seems to think any food he sees he can eat!! But after a lot of "No" and "Leave it" it's eventually done!

9.05am
I'll go & get changed into some leggings, a top & trainers as it's time to either do some sort of work out or take Enzo for a walk. That depends really on whether he's fell asleep or not, as he is one lazy puppy. If he is still awake then we go for a nice half an hour walk, if not then I will just do a few sets of squats, crunches, jumping jacks & all that kind of stuff just to get my heart pumping.

9.35am
I'll jump in the shower, at the moment I really love to use Radox Passion Fruit Splash to wash my body, it is honestly unreal & it smells so nice, even Jordan has started to steal some off me. I should note that I don't wash my hair in the mornings, I like to do that at night when I've got a little bit more time as my hair is so thick & porous it takes forever to dry but that's for another blog! I'll also then do my skincare which consists of the L'Oreal Skin Perfection range, I use the Soothing Gel Face Wash, Radiance Revealing Gentle Exfoliator, Velvety Toner & Correcting Day Moisturiser. I have pretty dry skin & ever since using this range from L'Oreal my skin has never felt better!

9.50am
Jordan usually sets off to work around this time, but for me it's time to make breakfast. Now for those who don't know me I'm a terrible cook! So I usually end up having scrambled eggs on toast with a glass of water, I recently tried to make an omelette & lets just say it did not go to plan. If Jordan is off however then we tend to have the best breakfast all round because he's a chef, but unfortunately it doesn't happen that often!

10.05am
At this time I start to get ready make-up and all, this has to be my favourite part of the morning! I blast some music on Spotify and it tends to be quite energetic, bouncy music which really gets me started for my day. I have been practising make up for years, and no matter what I love how I get better at doing it each and every day. I'll do my everyday make up routine and get changed. 

10.35am
After I've gotten ready I will do a quick 15 minute clean so that my flat isn't a complete hell hole. I always feel like I can be a lot more productive if my flat is clean & tidy. I like space & I hate it if things are cluttered all over the place.

10.50am
Lastly I will get out my Bullet Journal and plan my day. I usually pick 3 main tasks & prioritise them. I feel like doing this really gets me into the right mind set for the day, so that I can be productive & positive about what I will be able to accomplish no matter how big or small.
(You are a Badass by Jen Sincero is one of the BEST books I've ever read)


And that's that! I really hope you liked reading about my perfect morning routine.

What would your perfect morning routine be?

Love

Aimee
P.S Zeta is my middle name.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.